Herbal energy supplements to boost energy levels and increase energy.
I received my order yesterday. which is FANTASTIC! I also wanted to say thank you. I sent an email to Ask our Experts, I was surprised at the speed [of the response]. Thanks so much for the excellent service!
–Rachel Irving, Singapore
What is Low Energy?
Sometimes we long to know how to increase energy levels and wonder if we need vitamins and supplements for energy. When you have ample energy, it is easier to feel happy, positive and excited about things. However, low energy makes performing everyday tasks extremely difficult. Work becomes daunting, relationships strained and participating in the activities that should make you happy isn''t possible because of low energy levels.
Since low energy levels seem to be so common in the hectic modern lifestyle, it is too often considered a normal state of being. The truth is, this is not a normal state. Poor diets, excessive toxins and pollutants in the environment, unbalanced life-styles, lack of exercise, and too much stress are all common factors that may lead to decreased energy levels.
Although s ometimes, low energy levels are a not caused by our lifestyles but are instead a symptom of a medical or psychological condition that must be addressed.
Diagnosing Low Energy
If fatigue or lack of energy has been a problem for a long time, the first step is to take a look at possible life-style causes and examine how the can change.
- Am I getting enough regular exercise (at least 30min, three times a week)?
- Am I drinking enough water (approximately 8 glasses per day)?
- Do I drink no more than 3 cups of coffee, tea or soda per day and keep caffeine intake to a minimum?
- Do I keep alcohol intake to a minimum (no more than 1 drink per night/day)?
- Do I eat enough fruit and vegetables (5 portions per day)?
- Do I eat a balanced diet with recommended carbohydrates, proteins, fats and fiber?
- Am I getting enough iron in my diet?
- Do I eat three meals a day and snack on healthy foods when hungry?
- Am I getting enough sleep (the average person needs between 7-8 hours per night)?
- Do I set aside quality rest and relaxation time?
- Do I deal with emotional issues and conflict in a pro-active manner?
- Am I managing my stress levels efficiently?
If you answered no to any of these questions, try and rectify those aspects of your life-style by making the necessary changes. If your energy improves, you can generally rule out other causes.
However, if you are still experiencing low energy despite living a healthy lifestyle, you may want to consult a professional, as this could be the sign of an underlying condition.
Help for Low Energy
If after addressing these issues you still haven''t found how to increase energy levels or if you have any other concerning symptoms, it is advisable to make an appointment for a medical assessment. Sometimes fatigue is a symptom of a more serious condition that needs more help than vitamins and supplements for energy. These conditions include hormonal imbalances and depression.
Be sure to always research how to increase energy levels in a healthy and natural way. Natural homeopathic and herbal remedies are often used to give the body a natural push in the right direction. Not only are some of these remedies natural supplements for energy, but they can greatly improve immune system strength, general vitality and all round system functioning.
Many vitamins and supplements for energy feature herbs such as Siberian Ginseng, Olea europea (extract of olive leaf) and Centella asiatica which can be taken to safely help fight fatigue and give that extra boost and restore your zest for life!