Pedicure at Home for Women – Easy Steps!
From foot bath to enamel: the advice to take care of your feet.
Follow these steps to make a perfect pedicure at home, recommended by technical manager of Pharmaceuticals.
- Soak your feet in a basin of warm water where you have previously dissolved salt, baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and cornstarch or oxygenated salts for a foot bath refreshing and invigorating.
- After ten minutes, dry and proceed to cut the nails, taking care to adjust them properly: use a blunt nail clipper. Keep them court and cut straight but with rounded edges, without damaging the corners, to avoid incarnated. For dress with flat file, use the wooden foot file, which is more delicate.
- Raises cuticles and skin gently with a wooden nail stick (they are selling in specific supermarkets, perfumeries and pharmacies) and crank inward, again without cutting, so as not to risk infections.
- Clear with the pumice stone or a mineral callus sponge that can form on the soles and heels and any roughness between a finger and the other.
- Eliminating any corns and calluses using medicated products, which contain the same active ingredient – salicylic acid. Those products will make the corns protrude and hurt less.
- Gently massage your feet with moisturizing cream or specific nutrient.
- Now you can put your nail polish. First stretch the transparent base and reinforcing, then apply two coats of enamel so that the color is glossy and decided. You can also put a fixative when finished.
- Repeat a pedicure once a month or every two to three weeks, if your feet need special care.